Saturday 22 November 2014

My Current Skincare Routine - Autumn/Winter 2014

Lately my skin has been hating me. It broke out all over my forehead, round my nose and on my chin so some serious TLC was required. I developed this skincare routine which has been a savior! I still have a few spots left but it is definitely on the way to complete recovery(thank god!) So here is what I've been using:



Simple face wipes, The Body Shop Tea Tree Foaming Cleanser, The Mask of Magnaminty from Lush, The Body Shop Cleansing Butter, Simple Light Moisturiser and They're Real Makeup Remover



One of my holy grail products is this little pot of minty green delight which works wonders for my skin. I won't babble on about it too much as I have a full review on it which you can read here :) I use this bad boy about once or twice a week to give it a deep exfoliation.



Next up is the Body Shop's Cleansing Butter which I use to remove my face makeup. I would describe it as a balm when its in the pot but when you take a scoop and rub it between your fingers it starts melting. You work it into your skin and it turns into an oil which you then remove with a damp cloth taking off all you makeup with it. 


The Body Shops Skin Clearing Foaming Cleanser, is what I think has cleared my skin up the most. I have noticed a huge difference since I started using this. I use it twice a day, at morning and at night when I'm in the shower. The pump turns the liquid in the bottle into foam which you apply to your face and rinse with water. Tea tree is a natural oil, good for helping to treat acne.


After cleansing my face I always apply this Simple Light Moisturiser to add some moisture back into my skin and to make sure it is hydrated. I have quite oily skin so I don't use thick, heavy duty moisturisers as they just sit on my skin and make me feel all greasy, but this product is perfect for my skin.


If I have been out and get back late I just feel like getting straight to bed and can't be bothered with my full routine. I remove my eye makeup using the They're Real makeup remover from Benefit and if I'm wearing face makeup I will just remove it with a Simple facial wipe. I am well aware that face wipes aren't the best way to remove face makeup but the next day I am extra thorough with cleansing my skin.

So that is my current skincare routine I hope you find it helpful:)
Thank you for reading
Ellie x

No comments:

Post a Comment