Monday 11 August 2014

Must-Have Monday - Beauty

Since the day I've decided to write my first ever blog post (eek!) is a Monday, I had an idea of a 'Must-Have Monday' series I will do every week. This weeks topic is just must-haves in beauty, in the future I may narrow it down to must-have lipsticks or must-have mascaras etc but today I just decided to keep it beauty as a whole. I may also do must-haves in fashion and show you my favourite pieces to wear:)! So I hope you enjoy my first blog and I am very much looking forward to my future posts and being an internet person aha!


MAC face and body foundation and a beauty blender are definitely must-haves if you are wanting flawless looking skin. I wouldn't class face and body as full coverage but you can build it up to medium coverage or use a small amount of it when you pop out to the shops and don't want to leave the house completely bare but you still want a little coverage. Using this foundation and the beauty blender for me is a complete dream as I find the beauty blender blends in the foundation smoothly and it absorbs excess product so you will never end up looking cakey.




My next must-haves are my lip products that I don't think a makeup collection is complete without, a nude shade, a classic red and of course a lip balm so your lips are always moisturized and never damaged. The lip balm I always reach to use is The Body Shop's Born Lippy in Raspberry and I can trust it to do its job and always leave me with soft, moisturized lips. My go-to nude is Shanghai Spice by MAC as it compliments my fair skin tone and my ginger hair perfectly. The classic red must-have I have chosen is Ruby Woo by MAC it has a matte finish which is very retro and even though it may look a bit harsh on my fair skin tone if I hit my cheek bones and high points of my face with some bronzer I am good to go! I am so glad I bought it as every time I put it on it makes me feel as if I'm about to walk the red carpet, so when your'e having a bad day swipe this on (well it might take longer than just a swipe, you don't want this bad boy on your skin...) and you'll instantly feel glamorous.


 The Body Shops Honey Bronze Bronzing Powder comes in a variety of shades including fair so therefore it is very handy for me! It is a matte powder which is great for contouring and creating natural shadow on the face. I use it for sculpting my cheek bones and contouring most of the time and I'm so glad I finally found a bronzing powder which isn't red or orange and is perfect for my skin tone.



Here is my favourite eye shadow palette, the Naked 2 by Urban Decay which I love because with its variety of light and dark colors and it's matte and shimmery shades you can create countless eye shadow looks for any occasion. You could sweep one of the light colours over the lid apply mascara and you are good to go or you could build up and blend the darker colors for a full night time smokey eye, the decision is up to you! I would recommend if you are using this palette to apply your shadow before your face makeup, as the shadows do have a bit of fallout which could ruin your concealer and flawless base! I'm really excited for Autumn as that is when I start to wear darker shadows and show this palette some love daily.


The They're Real by Benefit is something every person who uses makeup should own. Even if you only wear a tiny amount of makeup this mascara should be the one you are using! From the day I first bought this mascara I haven't found anything that lives up to it. If you are put off by the price tag don't be, you will fall in love instantly and the money spent on it will be forgotten immediately. It has a plastic wand which coats every lash evenly and your lashes are soooo long you, wouldn't believe a mascara could work such wonders!


My last 'Must-Haves' are my Real Techniques brushes. For a drugstore price they are in my opinion the best brushes you can find it high street stores. They blend makeup effortlessly and are really good quality. After every wash they are still as soft and as good as they were before. I use them daily and I couldn't be happier with the results after using them:)




So that is my first blog post and 'Must-Have Monday' complete and I hope you enjoyed reading and look forward to my next post:) Hopefully you learnt a bit about some products and if you were debating whether or not to buy something I have helped in your decision.

Ellie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment