Sunday 17 August 2014

OOTD: Formal Party

Yesterday my family and I went to a close family friends party celebrating many things in their family. The party was very formal with all the ladies in evening dresses and the men in kilts and suits! There was a band, dancing, food, amazing decorations, it really was a well planned night. My family and I all had a great night and since I don't have many occasions to get all dolled-up I thought I would show you what I wore:)


My dress was a floor length, dark blue evening dress with jewel embellishment from Quiz Clothing (You may not be able to still buy it as I bought it for a formal event in 2012 and reused it yesterday since I had only worn it once!) I very rarely wear dresses though so I thought I would feel a bit over dressed and uncomfortable but I didn't at all, I really enjoyed wearing this dress and wish I had more occasions to wear it to! Even though you cant see my shoes I wore simple all black wedges, which weren't too tall considering the party was on for nearly 6 hours, and I didn't want to be sitting in the corner in pain because of my shoes!! I'm also quite tall and I'm not yet confident being over 6ft in heels!


The day before the party I went and got my nails done, I got acrylic extensions that are filed in a 'Coffin' shape with a pale blue colour, but in some lights it has a slightly grey undertone which I love:) I have had acrylics once before and I loved them. I would probably have them on all the time if they weren't so pricey to maintain and if I didn't swim multiple times a week because I don't think you're meant to keep them submerged in water for over an hour! They might not be everybody's cup of tea but I love them and maybe one day I'll be able to have them on most of the time.

For my makeup I used a pale gold eye shadow all over the lid with a darker gold in the outer corner and wore a pinky nude (Faux by MAC) on my lips.

Thank you for reading I'm really enjoying writing these blogs and hopefully will be writing so many more in years to come:)

Ellie x 



No comments:

Post a Comment