Wednesday 13 August 2014

The Beauty Blogger Tag

I am currently sitting with an ice pack on my knee from a former injury with nothing to do so why not write a blog post? I found 15 beauty related questions so this blog is going to be me answering all things beauty:)

1. Do you remember your first makeup item?
Yes, I'm pretty sure it was Rimmel Clear Complexion powder.

2. What kind of coverage do you want in foundation?
Normally light or medium, I would only wear a full coverage foundation to a formal event or special occasion.

3. Favourite high end brand?
MAC, I just love all of the products I have purchased, my favourites being my eye shadows and lipsticks.

4. What cosmetic brands have you always wanted to try but still haven't?
There are so many brands I haven't tried I would love to try NARS, Too Faced, Chanel and Anastasia.

5. Favourite drugstore brand?
Maybelline, their mascaras and lip products are, in my opinion, the best in the drugstore and their packaging is always so sleek and colourful:)

6 .Do you wear fake eyelashes?
No I don't, I am very interested to start learning how to apply lashes and to play around with my looks using them though and look forward to wearing them in the future!

7. Is there any kind of makeup you can't leave the house without?
No I can leave the house without makeup. Most of the time I just wear mascara and eyeliner or I leave the house bare faced.

8. What is your most cherished beauty product?
Probably my MAC eye shadows as I just think they look beautiful on the eye or just sitting in the palette on the side! They really are amazing to me I love the colours and the finishes of them all.

9. How often do you shop for makeup? Here and there or get lots of goodies at once?
Every now and again I will pick up the odd product but I am most likely to write a list of all the new products I would like to try and save up the money before going to buy them all at once:)

10. What type of product do you buy the most?
LIP PRODUCTS! I am definitely a lip product kinda gal! I am a massive fan of wearing a variety of different colours on my lips. I can go from wearing a nude to rocking a purple lip and in the autumn I will mostly wear quite vampy and dark lip colours. I use my lip products to have fun with my makeup.

11. Which celebrity always has great makeup?
Khloe Kardashian and Kylie Jenner. Every time I watch Keeping Up With The Kardashians Khloe's makeup is flawless and she is always wearing a different look which I love. Kylie tends to wear the same makeup daily but her signature winged liner, bronzed skin with a matte nude pink lip is stunning. I definitely wouldn't mind being able to do their makeup one day!

12. Favourite beauty gurus?
Bloggers- Zoella, Tanya Burr, Sprinkle Of Glitter and Idle Lane
YouTubers- Nicole Guerriero, Carli Bybel, MakeUpByMandy24 and velvetgh0st

13. What do you apply first, concealer or foundation?
Foundation, then concealer but I always apply concealer to highlight my face and under eyes.

14. Do you ever consider doing makeup classes?
YES! I think I apply my makeup pretty nicely but there is definitely room for improvement! Taking classes would give me an opportunity to learn some new tips and tricks and enable me to apply my makeup better then I do now. I also see myself in the future having a career involving makeup and fashion so I would need to take classes to learn how to do makeup on every different skin tone, face shape, eye shape, age etc rather than just on my face.

15. What do you love about makeup?
I love how you can create a look for any occasion and how I feel when I apply it to myself. I automatically feel more confident when I have spent time on my makeup. I just have so much fun applying my makeup and creating new looks. I am also one of those girls who will sit down and just go crazy with my makeup, I will never wear them in public I just love sitting down and creating an extravagant look you see walking down runways. Overall in my mind makeup is beautiful, my way to be creative and to show my personality.

Ellie :)


No comments:

Post a Comment