Saturday 23 August 2014

Top 5 Back to School Makeup Essentials

Since some people have already started back at school or are about to start back I thought I would do a Back to School blog post:) Since i'm a makeup fanatic this blog is going to be about the makeup products I think are suitable and essential for school! For school I don't wear anything apart from mascara, eyeliner and a tad of lip gloss but I know quite a lot of people also wear foundation, concealer, eyebrow products etc etc, so I will include a few I think are suitable and long lasting since your makeup is on for 6 hours plus and you don't want it to start to slip and slide! Enjoy!

The first product I think is essential for school is a waterproof mascara because I find waterproof mascaras are more smudge proof and will hold the curl for longer than a regular mascara. You can buy most mascaras from the drugstore in waterproof version but a couple of my favourites are Maybelline The Falsies waterproof and Maybelline Falsies Big Eyes waterproof.

If you are wearing face makeup ie foundation or concealer make sure you set it with powder so it doesn't wear off throughout the day.My favourite powder is Rimmel Stay Matte or Rimmel Clear Complexion. Lightly sweep it over your skin to set your face makeup, so you don't end up looking powdery or cakey.

For school I would recommend just a lip balm or a teeny bit of gloss rather than a lipstick because at school you don't want to be constantly topping up your lip colour, and most lipsticks will fade throughout the day especially at lunch/break when you are eating. So any of your favourite lip glosses or balms will do the trick nicely:)

If you are wearing face makeup you want long lasting products that will hopefully keep you looking fresher for longer than normal foundations and concealers. I recommend MAC pro longwear foundation along with the pro longwear concealer. Finish your face with some powder and your makeup will last longer than if you were wearing products that aren't designed to be worn for a long period of time.

This last product won't be everybody's cup of tea and you don't have to do this for school but if you would like your skin to look fresher and more awake you could swipe a tiny amount of highlighter on your cheekbones giving your skin a glow but this is totally up to you!

Thank you for reading and I hope going back to school will go smoothly for you all!
Ellie:) x

No comments:

Post a Comment